I have been given tentative for the pay and PDO hours.
The target date for depositing the additional 8 hours of PDO into everyone’s bank is April 7th. The target for the 2% retro and effectively of the 2% to the hourly wages is May 12th. These dates could change if they run into programming issues.
Transport Workers Union of America
Brothers and Sisters,
After a 97% NO VOTE on the Tentative Agreement on September 9th, 2016 TWU and Envoy Airlines entered into an Arbitration Hearing the first week of October.
Both parties TWU and Envoy Airlines appeared, represented by counsel and presented testimony and documentary evidence to the Arbitration Board.
Closing briefs from both parties were submitted on December 23, 2016 and after a long wait, the Arbitration Board awarded their decision of the Amendment Round Process March 21, 2017.
We all have been informed of their decision and feel the award was less than expected. Continue reading
As you know, the tentative agreement reached with Envoy Air in August was not ratified by the membership. TWU and the company jointly took the agreement to an Interest Arbitration Board to present evidence as to whether the current collective bargaining agreement should be adjusted. We agreed to abide by the Board’s decision, which would govern the rates of pay and other relevant terms for the remaining years of the contract.
That decision was released yesterday and the following are the items on which the Board ruled:
- Rates of pay: The 2 percent across the board increases on January 1, 2017, January 1, 2018, January 1, 2019, January 2, 2020 are awarded.
- Holiday Pay: Restore holidays to double time for all hours worked on a holiday and straight time pay for being off on the holiday are awarded.
- Personal Days Off: An additional eight (8) hours of paid time off is awarded. The company’s proposal to expand the list of Special Days requiring advance notice is accepted.
- Geographic Premium: The company’s proposal for introducing a geographic premium is accepted.
- Daily Overtime: The union’s proposal for restoration of daily overtime pay is rejected.
- Longevity Pay: The union’s proposal for introducing longevity premiums is rejected.
If you have any questions about the Board’s decision, please see your local officers.
Thank you for your patience as we went through this process.
The arbitration hearing was originally scheduled for March 7, 2017; however, our key witness was not available that day and so the parties have agreed to postpone the hearing.
We have reached out to the arbitrator for alternate dates and all parties have confirmed July 19 as the new hearing date.
While we would have preferred not to postpone the hearing, it was in our members’ best interests to delay so that this witness is fully available to us.
We appreciate everyone’s patience,
Brothers and Sisters,
The Envoy AMT & Related amendment round interest arbitration took place the week of October 3, 2016. Attorneys from each side submitted their post hearing briefs in December 2016 and the panel had 60 days to render a decision.
The Arbitration panel, Union and Company board members convened an executive session in late January to discuss the case. The Union and Company are now waiting for a draft decision from the panel. We are hopeful that this will occur in the next week or so. Once the parties review the draft decision and submit their opinions, comments and concerns to the Arbitrators, a final award shall be rendered.
Thank you for your support and patience.